Sunday 10 May 2009

Happy Sunday!

Good morning all and happy sunday to you all!

I am rather chuffed with myself this week as I managed to blag 4 half barrels for the princely sum of just £20! There is a charity place at the back of my mum and dad's house and they had loads of these half barrels lying around in their yard so I went and asked if they had any for sale and could I have 4 of them and I managed to get them for £20. Am dead chuffed as they normally retail for around £40-£50 each so have saved a fortune! And these are proper ones as when wet, they smell of whisky!

I know one will be at the front door with some plants in it for the kids to tend and one will be next to the back door with herbs in it, just haven't quite worked out what to do with the other 2 but will find something for them really soon!

Hubby has been busy and repositioned the shed so that it is easier to get to and we recycled some paving stones he had dug up to make a decent base for the shed to sit on. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself (just don't tell himself I said that, he'll get a big head).

We have seen a rather large plot for sale just round from where we live so we are going to phone up about it and see just how much they want for it. It looks like it would be enough for a pretty decent sized house with a huge garden and a massive driveway! But will have to look into stuff first! Don't want to be getting all hopeful then find that the owner wants silly money for a patch of land!

Hope you are all well. I'm off to do my housework and then hopefully get into the garden with hubby and the kids. Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment